The Digital Media Planner-Buyer is responsible for researching, planning, buying and trafficking digital media advertising on behalf of RCG clients. This position will coordinate efforts with other RCG team members to help present and execute coordinated omni-channel strategies that cost-effectively deliver messaging to the right audiences at the right time. They will work directly with digital platform vendors as well as interact with and present compelling solutions to RCG clients.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in development and management of effective integrated media plans and buys under supervision.
- Effectively communicate campaign key performance indicators to clients and internal account service teams.
- Work very closely with internal account service and creative teams to provide research and recommendations related to specific digital media tactics.
- Present campaign ideas, plans, results, and insights to clients in a clear and easy-to-understand format.
- Recommend optimizations to clients when appropriate to improve media performance.
- Work closely with a variety of digital vendors to implement all digital plans.
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs and opportunities and advise clients on new ways to reach targets.
- Evaluate media opportunities and present media plans and points of view clearly in writing and verbally.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with media partners.
- Responsible for all components of digital media plans including changes, budgeting, implementation, reporting, optimization, and invoice reconciliation.
- Update and maintain client-facing dashboards.
- Assist with new business and RFP efforts
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years media planning experience
- Mathematical abilities required
- Detail oriented and proficient at managing projects and able to multi-task, organize, prioritize and structure workload
- Experience in Google Ads, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with media billing software (Strata, Advantage preferred) and digital media invoice reconciliation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Traditional media experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of online media planning, implementation and optimizations
- Is passionate and articulate and can craft a compelling case / recommendation and present it to a client
- Understand how digital fits in the overall client marketing / media strategy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives, providing a basis for measurement of the digital activities.
- Proficient in using standard online media research and planning tools
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with account and creative teams. Works well in a team structure.
- Ability to work with modest media budgets.
- Passion for the digital space from gaming, mobile, social networking, niche and B2B sites, online video and everything in between